- Hallmark has always created cards with general messages of encouragement, but research shows consumers also want messages addressing specific needs and life events.
- People of all ages tell Hallmark that humor is more important now than ever, because laughter heals and helps people connect and cope in times of stress.
- Hallmark research shows that more than 90 percent of women, including millennials, agree that greeting cards can brighten someone’s day.
- Nearly as many women add that receiving a card lifts their spirits and is a good way to share a laugh or lighten a load.
- Hallmark research also shows that greeting cards help us convey sentiments – like feelings that are uncomfortable to say out loud – that can’t be communicated in other ways.
- Hallmark offers about 100 cards that help people share words of encouragement or support for a variety of life situations, including job loss, cancer treatment, difficult times, end of life, recovery/rehab, stress, self-improvement, new beginnings, congratulations, appreciation for caregiver, and “you can do it.” These cards can be found in several Hallmark card lines, and include thinking-of-you messages, as well as messages that help consumers show support as someone copes with a tough situation.
- These cards go beyond the expected and formal to being realistic, nurturing and conversational. They relay a sense of caring versus a sense of etiquette. The cards are designed to offer comfort, care and compassion. Messages range from emotional to humorous, and design styles are visually fresh and inviting, including landscapes, animal photography, lettering and licensed properties.
- The Hallmark Gold Crown Kids Encouragement line offers collections during certain times of the year. The collection themes include summer time, back to school and end of year. Several cards are available April-July to offer messages reflecting "school’s out," as well as cards suitable for sending to kids who are away at summer camps. The line includes thinking of you and miss you cards with a summer twist that could be sent by grandparents or parents whose children are away for an extended period of time. In July-October, the line features several back-to-school cards for preschoolers all the way through high school to help families affirm and encourage kids as they transition from summer back into the school year. In addition, several general encouragement cards are available October-April that express love and gratitude for the recipient. They are great for parents/adults/caregivers to give a kid a word of encouragement or just let a child know he/she is loved.
- Consumers also will find more than encouragement cards on Hallmark.com. They include messages of cope and support, miss you, praying for you, proud of you, thinking of you and more.
A selection of encouragement cards are available wherever Hallmark cards are sold. The largest selection is available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.