PopMinded by Hallmark Introduces Event-Exclusive Products for 2017
Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments, itty bittys® and gifts among items planned at seven events
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (March 30, 2017) — PopMinded by Hallmark plans its highest-ever level of yearly participation at the nation’s largest pop culture fan gatherings with limited quantities of products and collectibles developed exclusively for events starting next month.
PopMinded, which debuted nationally last year, is Hallmark’s new way to celebrate fandom with gifts and collectibles created and chosen with all fans in mind. PopMinded continues and expands on Hallmark’s decade-long tradition of providing event attendees access to Hallmark’s ever popular event exclusive products through its event pop-up store.
PopMinded will appear at Planet Comicon Kansas City scheduled April 28-30 at Bartle Hall in Kansas City, Mo. This show will be the debut offering of a Hallmark itty bittys Christmas ornament inspired by DC’s Wonder Woman as she appears in her namesake Warner Bros. Pictures feature film that opens worldwide begining June 2, 2017. This decoupage ornament has a total production run of 1,700 and sales at the event will be limited to 100 per day.
Three exclusive Hallmark Keepsake Ornament designs, an itty bittys® plush, and two other gift items will be sold in limited quantities at Comic-Con International, to be held July 20-23 in San Diego, Calif.:
· U.S.S. Enterprise™ NCC-1701-C, a Keepsake Ornament inspired by the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode “Yesterday’s Enterprise,” depicts the iconic starship with a battle-damage paint scheme as it appeared on screen. This repaint of a 2015 Keepsake Ornament has a total production run of 3,325 and sales will be limited to 225 per day.
· HARLEY QUINN™ is a Keepsake Ornament created exclusively for event sales featuring the DC Super Villain as seen in the 2016 Warner Bros. Pictures film, Suicide Squad. This ornament has a total production run of 2,575 and sales will be limited to 175 per day.
· T-70 X-Wing Fighter™, a Keepsake Ornament of Poe Dameron’s starfighter as depicted in the beginning of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. This repaint of a 2016 Keepsake Ornament includes sound between Poe & BB-8 before the starfighter was destroyed on Jakku and has a total production run of 3,275 and sales will be limited to 275 per day.
· A Walrus Man™ itty bittys plush adds to the Mos Eisley Cantina crowd with a the throw-back again to the original action figures and packaging. This has a total production run of 4,000 and sales will be limited to 300 per day.
· The Imperial R2-Q5™ droid becomes part of the astromech droid-themed perpetual calendar and features an additional set of date cubes in aurebesh, the famed language used throughout the Star Wars galaxy. The calendar has a total production run of 1,600, and 170 of them will be offered for sale each day.
· The WONDER WOMAN™ Hallmark itty bittys Christmas ornament also will be available at the event with sales limited to 100 per day.
Also in July, Hallmark Gold Crown Stores will host a PopMinded display and event complete with exclusives and a sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip to New York Comic Con this October. Fans can visit participating Hallmark Gold Crown stores from July-August:
· Imperial Stormtrooper™ Keepsake Ornament blind box offers three different repainted versions of the Stormtrooper helmet from the 2016 Keepsake Ornament line, offered in metallic black, red or silver. Includes sound from Star Wars: A New Hope.
· Greedo™ itty bittys plush is the final addition to the Mos Eisley Cantina crew, dawning the throw-back to the original action figures and packaging. A limited number of these will also be made available at Comic-Con International in San Diego, New York Comic Con and Hallmark.com
· Greedo™ itty bittys Christmas ornament is based on the movie-version of one of the most famous bounty hunters in the galaxy. A limited number of these will also be made available on Hallmark.com.
· R2-BHD™ The silver-clad droid that helped the Resistance in Star Wars: Rogue One is a variant version of the astromech droid-themed perpetual calendar from the Star Wars line of gifts. A limited number of these will also be made available on Hallmark.com.
PopMinded will make its first appearance at The Official 2017 Star Trek Convention, scheduled Aug. 2-6 at the Rio Suites Hotel in Las Vegas. The repainted U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-C Keepsake Ornament previously available at Comic-Con International will be sold at this event with 100 available each day.
Another first for PopMinded will be Salt Lake Comic Con, scheduled Sept. 21-23 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. Products to be sold at the PopMinded booth will be announced closer to the event.
At New York Comic Con, set for Oct. 5-8 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City, PopMinded will offer all items previously available at Comic-Con International with the same daily allocations.
Additional details about prices for each exclusive product, as well as activity plans for each event will be announced closer to the respective convention dates.
For more information about PopMinded by Hallmark and the products offered, visit Hallmark.com/PopMinded
WONDER WOMAN and all related characters and elements © & TM DC Comics.
SUICIDE SQUAD and all related characters and elements © & TM DC Comics and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
TM & © 2017 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
For more than 100 years, privately-held Hallmark has been dedicated to creating a more emotionally-connected world. In the U.S., products offered by Hallmark Greetings, Hallmark Retail and Hallmark Home & Gifts can be found in more than 40,000 retail accounts including mass retailers, Hallmark Gold Crown® stores and online. Hallmark's family of companies also includes Crayola®, maker of creative art tools and toys, Crown Center, a mixed-use entertainment, office and residential district in Kansas City, Hallmark International which offers products in more than 30 languages available in 100 countries and Crown Media Holdings, Inc., which owns and operates cable television's Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, Hallmark employs more than 27,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit Hallmark.com. Connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.