Clergy Appreciation Month
October is National Clergy Appreciation Month
- Clergy Appreciation Day is always the second Sunday in October (Oct. 12, 2014), and October is celebrated as Clergy Appreciation Month.
- About 44,000 people serve as clergy in the United States. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, May 2012)
- Some 77% of Americans identify as Christian, according to Gallup research conducted in December 2012.
- Christians made up nearly a third of the estimated 2010 global population of 6.9 billion people. (Source: Global Christianity: A Report of the Size and Distribution of the World’s Christian Population, Pew Research Center, Dec. 2011)
- Hallmark first offered Clergy Appreciation cards in 2002.
2014 Product Features
- Hallmark offers 24 Ministry Appreciation cards with card prices from $1.99 to $3.99.
- The cards express appreciation for a variety of recipients, including minister, minister and wife, pastor, pastor and wife, youth pastor, couple in ministry, and priest.
- Messages range in tone from warm and supportive to lighthearted and humorous.
- Hallmark's Ministry Appreciation cards are created by its subsidiary, DaySpring Cards, a Christian greeting card company based in Siloam Springs, Ark. DaySpring.com offers premium Ministry Appreciation cards online, as well as Ministry Appreciation e-cards, available with a subscription.
The celebration was established in 1992 with a mission of uplifting and encouraging pastors, missionaries and religious workers.
Available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide and wherever Hallmark products are sold. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store. Products are also available at DaySpring.com.